Saturday, February 26, 2011

Winds of change are blowing

I'm not sure if something has just "clicked" in my head, or all this time I have had off because of my knee has made my mind constantly run.  Probably a little bit of both.  But I have come to realize things have to change around here.
Like I have said before I have 5 kids in the house, I hardly ever see my husband because he works sooooo much, and I work a full time job.  So needless to say my life is in constant chaos!!  The past few weeks I have decided it was way past time to do something about it!  This also came about because of the last post about self discipline.  I have laid down a strict chore chart for the kids, so that they are helping more than they have been.  So far this is working GREAT!  I usually do all my house cleaning on Sundays and Mondays because those are my days off, and thanks to the chore chart there isn't much I'm going to have to do this weekend.  I sat the kids down and told them that everyone needed to do their share.  I have had to remind them to get thier chore done for the day before bed, but they do it without much whinning so thats terific!
I have also sat down and laid out a strict budget for our family.  I will be going to the store next weekend to start the months worth of groceries at a time.  I will post to tell how that went, how much I spent and what meals I am fixing (for anyone who is interested).
I have also pretty much decided that I will most definatly homeschool my daughter and even start teaching my son (who will be two) a little bit to give him a jump start.  I am thinking about getting the your baby can read system and see how he does with that.  I have narrowed it down to two different cirriculums.  One of them I do more of the teaching role, but the other is mostly done online and I am just there to monitor her.  The one online seems to offer alot of support and they have field trips and get together for the kids thru out the year.  She seems to really like this plan and is very excited!
I am glad that things are changing around the house and everything here seems to be running smoothly (with the minor glitches like the septic backing up into the yard. . ewwww).  

All these changes within the household are GREAT dont get me wrong, but I still feel in my heart that something else is going to or needs changing.  Part of me thinks that what really needs changing is the scenery.  I have moved around alot in my adult life, but never really far from the place I grew up.  Friends of mine that have moved states away and have told me I should move, get out of that small town, come live where we are.  I have entertained those thoughts off and on for years and years, but something never really felt right about going that far from "home".  These past few weeks thinking back at all those times and thinking about how much I loathe living in this small town, with two faced, gossip spreading, judgemental people I feel, more than ever I am ready to get out of here.  A friend of mine presented me with the idea of a place that they are looking to moving.  It was never a place that I pictured myself being, but the more I look into it and think about it, nothing has ever felt so right like this about moving.  I made meantion of this harebrained idea to my husband (who hates change) and was waiting for him to give me a definate NO, but to my surprise he actually told me we could look into it. 
  I think we both like the idea of starting fresh and new.  Not knowing anyone but our friends who are also moving there.  My husband cant seem to find a better job around these small towns that will offer him better pay and better hours, so maybe in a bigger city he will have lady luck on his side. 
Im not saying that Im up and moving town tomorrow, who knows maybe I dont need to move at all, maybe the changes I really need to make are inside of me.  But untill then, I am going to follow my heart and go with whatever direction the wind blows.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah for change!!! I'm so glad you are getting the family to help you with everything and getting the groceries narrowed down. Personally I cant wait to see your plans and grocery lists! I heard a REALLY scary blip on the news that food prices are supposed to double this next year. UGH! DOUBLE!

    ReplyDelete