Sunday, May 1, 2011

Extreme Couponing!

I have blogged before on cutting back and saving money and I have tried to find different ways to do this.  A few nights ago as I was channel surfing I came across a show on TLC called Extreme Couponing.  I have always cut coupons and use them from time to time to take a dollar or two off my grocery bill.  But these people had  baskets FULL of groceries and were using coupons to get sometimes over $1,000 worth of stuff for $20 or less!!!!  I was AMAZED!!!!  I set my DVR to record all these shows and have been religiously watching them trying to see what these people are doing to save all this money.  I have gotten a few ideas on how they are saving and have started surfing the web looking for printable coupons (which is VERY time consuming) and making sure I get a Sunday paper, or two or three. :o)   I also found a link to a website from the TLC facebook page to www.weusecoupons.com which had a great beginners lessons and how to info. 
One way to get the most out of couponing, you need to start a stockpile. The people on the show have WAY more stuff stockpiled than what they could use in a life time! I don't wanna get that crazy but i want to make sure I stock up on the things that we use ALOT of  like laundry detergent, toilet paper, ect....
This morning after going thru the coupons in the morning paper and matching them up with sales going on in my local stores I went out armed with my coupons and sales ads and got some great deals!!
Here is a picture of what I got today from drugstores like CVS and Walgreens, I got all these items for a grand total of $4.68!  I think this is a good start to my stockpile! :o)

1 comment:

  1. LOL and sooo it begins! why is it I see the gameroom becoming a stock room?!?!!?LOL

    ReplyDelete